This essential school camp checklist for teachers and parents is a must for you, if you are a school teacher and you want yourself and the campers with you, to have a school camping trip that is filled with fun, adventure and joyous memories. And if you are a parent and you want your kid to have a really wonderful camping trip, then you can be sure that you too must have a checklist to ensure that this happens.
Why School Camps Are Very Vital For Kids
Schools organize all kinds of camping trips at some part of the year or another. These are just great for the kids, as they introduce them to nature and all its wonders and kids can also take part in various outdoor activities in these school camping trips. School camps are a simply great opportunity for kids to develop new interests, new skills and also new friendships.
And for some kids, it will be the very first time that they would be getting away from their home and their parents. This is just the ideal way of teaching kids to become independent. And, this all starts with a school camp checklist for teachers and parents. So, here it is…
Essential School Camp Checklist For Teachers And Parents
- What Do You Pack As A School Teacher?: As a teacher, you know that the parents are going to take care of all the essential packing for the kids. But, you would also have to ensure that you pack all that would be required of you to do. Following this school camp checklist for teachers and parents is sure to help you immensely. Be sure to pack things like a first-aid kit, a diary of important and emergency numbers and of course, some games and activities for the kids.
- What Do You Pack As A Parent?: It will definitely be confusing for you to determine what to pack and what not to pack when your child is going on that school camping trip, as you may feel that he or she needs to take along so many things. That is why this school camp checklist for teachers and parents is sure to come in handy for you and help you decide what you need to pack. Some of the things you must not leave out are: water bottle, day backpack, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and pocket money. Of course, if your child is going on a school camping trip that involves being gone for a few days, there are a lot more things that you would need to pack such as: pillow and sleeping bag, deodorant, tissues, a waterproof disposable camera, pyjamas, shorts and t-shirts, soap, medication (if required), plastic bags for dirty or wet clothes, pencils, two towels – bathroom and beach towel, pens, thongs – for showers, raincoat, socks and underwear, toothpaste, torch, insect repellent, shampoo/conditioner, swimming costume, jeans, warm jacket or jumper, toiletries, paper, lip balm and two pairs of sneakers (in case one gets wet).
- School Camp Essentials: As a teacher or a parent, you would do well to keep these essentials in mind, as part of your school camp checklist for teachers and parents. As a parent, when packing, do not forget to pack in these very vital school camping essentials: canteen, water filter, rain jacket, medicines if needed, toilet paper and a torch. And as a school teacher, when you are packing for your school picnic with the kids, be sure to take along a lantern, torch or headlamp, toilet paper, a reliable navigation tool, a couple of sturdy and reliable pocket knives, first-aid kit and a fire starter.
- Mark Things Clearly: As a teacher, you would be packing things in bags, to keep in the school bus or whatever other mode of transport you will be going in. As such, ensure that everything you take with you is marked in the right way, so that you know that it belongs to you or to the school and so that even if it is lost, someone may find it and return it to the school. And if you are a parent, be sure to mark your child’s bag and other things, so that your child knows it is his or hers – and in case something goes amiss, you can have it returned to you, in case it is found. Have your school camp checklist for teachers and parents handy, whether you are a teacher or a parent, to ensure you have marked all things right.
- School Camp Bags: What kind of camping bags should your child take when going on that school camping trip? Today, there are so many kinds of school camping bags that are available and it gets confusing trying to decide which one to choose. If you are on a budget, choose a school camping bag that is easy on your pockets. If money is not an issue, let your child have the pleasure of choosing the school camp bag. It will be a great way to kick off his or her school camping trip. But, whatever bag you choose, be sure that it is sturdy, it has a good number of pockets, preferably it is waterproof and your child can easily carry it.
- Practice Packing And Unpacking With Your Child: A good idea for you, would be for you and your child to practice packing and unpacking things into the school picnic bag, using a school camp checklist for teachers and parents. You can start practicing a week before the scheduled school picnic or if there is not enough time, start a couple of days before the trip. In this way, your child will get a better understanding of what is in the bag and also, what has been kept where.
- What To Wear To School Camp: This would largely depend on where the school camping trip is, what kind of weather it will be at that time and what duration the camping trip is going to be. By keeping a school camp checklist for teachers and parents at hand, you can make a list of things that can be worn. If the weather is going to be cold, then of course, a good number of warm clothes are going to be needed. If the weather is hot, then cool clothing will be called for like shorts, t-shirts, jeans, vests and the like. If it is going to rain, there is not much choice that is there, but to give your child some kind of protective garment to wear over his or her clothing or a raincoat to carry along.
- What To Pack Where, In The Bag!: Remember to keep the essential things right at the top. This way, your child would be able to get these things quickly and he or she would also easily be able to remember where these essential things are.
- Things To Do At School Camp: Whether you are a parent or a school teacher going along with your kids to the school camp, you would definitely want the kids to enjoy, by letting them engage in all kinds of fun filled activities. With the help of a school camp checklist for teachers and parents, you would thus be able to fine tune a list of things that the kids could do, while they are on their school camping trip. Of course the kind of activities the kids could do when they are at the school camp, would depend on a number of factors like: what the weather will be, which area the camp is in (As in, is there a swimming area, trails, water parks, woods, etc.), which season the camp is going to be held in, etc. Based on these factors, you can come up with lots of activities that the kids could really enjoy doing, while at the school camp.
- School Camp Safety Lessons: As a school teacher and a parent, when your kids are going off to school camp, it is your primary duty to see that they do not fall into any kind of trouble. So, you need to teach them what kind of dangers there could be at the campsite and how they should keep out of trouble and avoid any dangers and not take risks. You need to teach the kids how they can seek help, in case they are in trouble. As such, you would definitely be in need of a school camp checklist for teachers and parents and ensure that you follow it very carefully, so as to ensure that the kids are well protected at school camp.
Never Forget This School Camp Checklist For Teachers And Parents!
If you are a school teacher, whether you are a seasoned school camper or whether you are going on your first school camp, to ensure the safety of the school kids, the school teachers, the other people going on the school camping trip – and your own safety, it is very important that you have a school camping checklist. And if you are a parent, to ensure that your child has the most pleasant school camping trip, you too need to have a checklist and ensure that you follow it. If you do not have a school camp checklist for teachers and parents or if you have one and choose not to follow it, you can be sure that you and all those going on that school camping trip, could face all kinds of issues. And that is why you should follow this essential school camp checklist for teachers and parents!