image credit: Generator Judge
If you want to know about camping, then all you ever want to know is right here in this complete outdoor camping guide for you!
Your Camping Checklist!
This is by far the most critical element of your outdoor camping guide. What is it that makes a checklist so important when you plan on going camping? In fact, why do you even need a checklist when all you are doing is just going camping in the outdoors? All you need is your backpack and you’re all set and ready to go camping outdoors, right? You couldn’t be more wrong!
In this outdoor camping guide, you will now learn that one of the most vital things that you must make, long before you even set out on your outdoor camping expedition, is to make a list of things that you would need. Making this list can be the big difference between you having an outdoor camping experience that is filled with fun – as compared to one that could be a nightmare! Think about it, if you just take off on your camping trip and you have forgotten to take a few extremely important things along with you, what do you think is going to happen? Needless to say, your trip is going to be one big disaster, one way or the other!
Thus, be sure to make a checklist that will set you up to have a great outdoor camping experience. As part of your outdoor camping guide, be sure to include the following things in your checklist for outdoor camping:
- First-aid kit.
- Important medicines.
- Sleeping bag.
- Canteen and water filter.
- Navigation tool.
- Rain jacket.
- Pocket knife.
Of course, this is just a list of the essential things that you would need when you plan on going camping outdoors. Only you would be in the best position to say what you would need to take along with you when you wish to go camping out.
You Just Can’t Do Without Camping Gear!
Being smart and following an outdoor camping guide, involves you bringing with you the gear that you would need when you are going camping in the outdoors. Here is some really neat gear that you would do well to take along when you plan on going camping outdoors:
- Pocket Blanket: This is made tiny enough, so that it can fit in your pocket to take it along with you, on your outdoor camping adventures. You can actually fold this blanket into size as small as that of your wallet – but when you open it, it can accommodate anywhere between 2 to 4 adults. And if that is not all, this blanket is also puncture resistant, as well as water-resistant.
- Camping Cooking Gear: A very good outdoor camping guide for you, would be to take along cooking gear with you, as you would definitely need to cook when you go outdoor camping. In such cooking gear, specially crafted for the comforts of outdoor campers, you would get a utility knife, a range of folding tools, a cutting board, and various other cooking essentials.
- Inflatable Solar Lantern: It goes without saying that having a lantern with you on your outdoor camping adventure, is a must to follow an outdoor camping guide. And now, you can take along with you, not just an ordinary lantern, but a solar-powered lantern that is so compact, it even fits on your backpack.
- Crotchless Shorts: It is not at all easy to go to the loo when you are out camping in the wilderness. As such, it would be a good idea for you to carry with you shorts that have a zipper running down the complete region of the crotch. In this way, you do not have to worry about having to pee, when you are out camping.
- Portable Cooler Bag: This bag actually does keep your drinks and food chilled for a long time. And you can get these bags with a lining of material which is food grade antimicrobial, so this prevents mold.
- Portable Mosquito Repeller: This is a lightweight and compact outdoor device, which keeps the mosquitoes at bay, on your outdoor camping trip. Definitely an awesome outdoor camping guide you cannot afford to ignore, knowing what a menace mosquitoes can be, when outdoors!
- Water Filter Bottle: If you love going camping outdoors, then you know that you cannot trust drinking any water you can find. Thus, it makes perfect sense to follow this outdoor camping guide and carry along with you, a water filter bottle. Such a bottle would have a 2 stage filtration process that removes chlorine, bacteria, and protozoa – as well as bad taste! So, wherever you are camping in the great outdoors, you know for sure that you are having water that is safe and pure!
- Weatherproof Match Kit: Included in this are waterproof and windproof matches that can light even in snow, heavy winds and heavy rains. Plus strikers and a waterproof case that can float and is totally durable.
- Durable Hiking Backpack: A fabulous outdoor camping guide for you is that it is very important that you carry the right backpack when you go hiking or camping outside. The best kind of backpack you can get with you is one that is durable, has shoulder straps that are really heavy-duty, side pockets, lash tabs for you to keep adding things and preferably an additional sleeve for you to keep your laptop.
- Survival Folding Knife: This knife has a safety barrel, which ensures that the blade is closed when it is in your pocket. This blade also has a plunge lock that is very user-friendly, so you can close it, just by using one hand. And you can easily attach this to your outdoor camping gear and carry it along with you!
- Survival Kit: A simply super outdoor camping guide for you is to take along one of those latest survival kits with you on your camping excursion outdoors. This outdoor survival kit would come fully loaded with a fine edge knife, an emergency cord, flat drivers, a hand saw survival blanket, flat tweezers and so much more.
- Camping Cot: If you want a 'bed away from home', you might consider bringing a camping cot. It provides extra comfort by keeping you cool in warm weather and warm in cold weather.
What Are The Types Of Camping?
If you want to go camping outside and you are wondering what types of camping you could enjoy, this outdoor camping guide will give you a complete list of all the different kinds of camping there is to be enjoyed outdoors and these are:
- Survival Camping: This is camping in its most extreme form. This form of camping should only be done by campers who have lots of skills with camping and have years of camping experience under their belt. In this form of camping, food is not taken along. Food is found by either hunting for it or gathering it from the wild.
- Winter Camping: You need to have the courage to do this sort of camping. This is because camping in the winter can be a thing that is very cold – and as such, extremely challenging! Keep in mind, the winter weather can be extremely unpredictable.
- Backyard Camping: A great idea, if you want to be close to your home. So close, that you camp in your backyard! All you have to do is set up a small tent in your own backyard, start a little fire and get those marshmallows roasting. This is a simply great way to go camping, spending as little money as possible.
- Car Camping: If you do not have the gear to go camping in the outdoors and you can’t afford too much, then car camping is just what you need. All you need to do is pick a spot you like and then fold down the seats and enjoy this car camping experience in the outdoors.
- Backcountry Camping: This is for people who want to go camping in outdoor areas that are remote, where there is no electricity, no bathrooms, and even no running water. In this type of camping, you need to go fully prepared with first-aid, a supply of water and food.
- Adventure Camping: This is for campers who want to go camping in a group. This kind of camping calls for more physical activity than other kinds of camping. The purpose of this type of camping is to enjoy nature, go hiking and swimming in the day and at night, cook food and rest.
Do Not Forget This Outdoor Camping Guide!
Whenever and wherever you plan on going camping outdoors, do not forget this camping guide. Most people make the big mistake of thinking that camping outdoors is just a piece of cake and it is all adventure and fun. But what most people forget to take into consideration, is the fact that to have that adventure and fun, there has to be a lot of planning that has to be done. Without this planning, outdoor camping can turn out to be bad – worse than you can ever imagine! So, if you have plans to go outdoor camping, be sure to follow this outdoor camping guide - you could save yourself and the ones you love, from getting into a world of trouble!